Deadline for Grant Proposal Submission: April 3, 2017
Notification of Grant Recipients: April 19, 2017
Deadline for Use of Funds: June 30, 2017 (end of fiscal year)
The University Academic Assessment Council (UAAC) invites applications for assessment grants. These grants are available for faculty and staff to support the assessment and improvement of student learning in academic departments or programs, including academic student support areas. Grants of up to $2,500 per program will be awarded.
Funds may be used for one of the following:
- Implementation of an action plan from a recent assessment report (must be in a 2015-16 or 2016-17 Xitracs assessment report). This may include, but is not limited to, curriculum development activities or resources, faculty development activities or resources, or the purchase of software or equipment.
- Development or revision of an assessment rubric or instrument used for program level assessment. For example, funds may be used to pay faculty stipends to work on rubric development or to develop test questions to be used across sections of courses.
- Analyze existing assessment data (2016-17 Xitracs assessment report). For example, funds may be used for faculty or external reviewer stipends to review student work (projects, portfolios, papers, etc.) for program assessment purposes.
- Professional development activities around the assessment of student learning. For example, funds may be used to travel to assessment conferences or workshops, purchase of texts or other materials on assessment, guest speakers or consultants on assessment, faculty development retreat on assessment or curricular improvement, etc.
- Funds must be used exclusively for expenses related to the assessment project
- All funds must be spent by the end of the fiscal year
- Award recipients must provide a brief summary of the completed assessment project to the Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Planning by September 1, 2017. Award recipients agree to allow IRAP and/or UAAC to share what grant recipients have accomplished with their award through workshops, presentations, websites, or other resources to further facilitate assessment efforts at Appalachian.
- Where appropriate assessment activities related to the grant should be reflected in Xitracs reports for the program or department. For example, if funds were used to implement an action plan, a future assessment report should reflect a “close the loop example.” Likewise, if funds were used to analyze assessment data, results should be reported in the 2016-17 Xitracs assessment report for the program or department.
Complete the 2017 Assessment Grant Application.
Proposals will be reviewed by members of the University Academic Assessment Council.
Applications submitted by the April 3 deadline will receive priority. Proposals received after the deadline will be considered until all funds have been awarded.
Submit Completed Proposals to:
Submit printed proposals to Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Planning, ASU Box 32078 or scan and e-mail proposals to Tina Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org.