What does assessment of educational support and administrative units involve?
Assessment is all about improvement and evidence-based decision making. Assessment of educational support and administrative units is about ensuring that Appalachian is providing quality programs and services. It involves:
- Articulating goals and outcomes for the unit
- Ensuring that the programs and services offered by the unit align with those outcomes
- Providing evidence that the unit is accomplishing its goals and outcomes
- Making improvements as needed
- Documenting the process for accountability and future reference
What is an assessment unit?
Every unit with a box on Appalachian's organizational chart is responsible for assessment of its operations. This includes academic departments, as well as centers and institutes.