In September, 2017, Chancellor Sheri Everts and UNC System President Margaret Spellings signed a performance agreement to meet specific 5-year goals, as set by the UNC Strategic Plan. Under this agreement, Appalachian will focus on increasing enrollment and achievement for low-income and rural students, as well as in critical workforce programs such as health care, STEM and teacher education.
These initiatives are ambitious, but achievable for Appalachian. They are consistent with our founders’ mission to increase access to education for those students who otherwise would not have the opportunity to achieve a college education.
- To view our progress toward meeting the five-year performance goals, see the information below:
- For more information about the UNC System Strategic Plan, all system institution targets and dashboards, visit the University of North Carolina Strategic Planning Site
- UNC System developed dashboard for Appalachian State University
- View a copy of the Appalachian State University Metric Performance Agreement, signed September 22, 2017
- View a detailed update of Appalachian’s performance as of January, 2018: Presentation - Metric Update January 2018
- Download a printable update of Appalachian’s metric target progress as of January, 2018: Infographic